OAKLEY LAW OFFICES, LLC 516 Main St Middletown CT 06457 Tele # 860-342-2302 Fax # 860-342-2304
Attorney Jill Alward
Phone Extension #2
Attorney Jill Alward
To print click below
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in New York and Connecticut, with extensive experience in complex litigation and management of litigation teams.
BLANK ROME LLP
New York, NY Of Counsel – Commercial Litigation and Consumer Financial Services
2012 - 2017
• Litigate complex civil state and federal court actions for federally insured financial institutions, including engaging in extensive motion practice, conducting depositions, discovery and settlement conferences and trying cases.
• Supervise approximately 10 associates in the active litigation of 200+ consumer financial services files in which the firm represents mortgage loan servicers in contested foreclosures, title claims, indemnification claims from loan purchasers, adversary proceedings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court and class actions brought under
FDCPA, TILA and RESPA.
• Counsel clients on changes in the law and the effect said changes may have on internal policies and procedures.
WILSON, ELSER, MOSKOWITZ, EDELMAN & DICKER LLP
New York, NY
Commercial and Employment Litigation Associate
2006-2007/2009 – 2012
• Litigate complex state and federal court FDCPA, TILA and RESPA class actions for third party debt buyers, including engaging in extensive motion practice, and conducting depositions, discovery and settlement conferences. •
Represent employers in defense of employee-initiated actions under Title VII and the Connecticut Fair Employment Practices Act.
PEPE & HAZARD LLP
Commercial and Employment Litigation Associate 2007-2009
• Represent employers in defense of employee-initiated actions under Title VII and the Connecticut Fair Employment Practices Act.
• Counsel clients in negotiations for non-compete agreements, severance agreements and discipline of employees.
CACACE, TUSCH & SANTAGATA
Stamford, CT General Litigation Associate
• Assist commercial litigation partner with pleadings and motions in state and federal court.
• Prepare for and attended trials, hearings and depositions as “second chair.”
ADVOCACY + AWARDS
• Recognized “Rising Star” in the New York Metro Area by Super Lawyers Magazine 2014, 2015 and 2016.
• Recognized “Top Female Attorney” in the New York Times 2014, 2015 and 2016.
• Pro Bono counsel for Her Justice representing indigent/immigrant women and victims of domestic violence and Veterans’ Consortium representing veterans in the U.S. Court of Appeals relative to adverse decisions relating to medial and financial benefits.
LICENSES, ASSOCIATIONS AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH
• Connecticut State Bar
• New York State Bar
• Marty Lyons Foundation Volunteer and Chief Wish Coordinator
• Team Rubicon Disaster Relief Volunteer
EDUCATION QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
Magna Cum Laude Juris Doctor, May 2004
• GPA 3.40
• Class Rank 18/142
Awards and Activities:
Editor-in-Chief: Health Law Journal Sinoway, McEnery, Messey & Sullivan Health Law Award, 2004